Revision as of 17:23, 31 May 2022
Terms of Service
- No spamming or scamming
- No flooding
- No promotion of violence
- No illegal pornographic material
- freenode staff may disconnect clients for any reason
- Citizens of EU countries and the United Kingdom must be at least 16 years old to sign up.
- We reserve the right to update these Terms of Service later.
This section describes how freenode makes use of the information you provide when you use the freenode network, freenode.net, jobs.freenode.net, bbs.freenode.net, and freenode.live websites (hereinafter collectively referred to as 'freenode services').
If you are asked to provide information when using freenode services, such information will not be used for any purposes other than those described in this section.
freenode collects and uses certain information about users in order to provide services and enable certain functions.
freenode may collect the following information:
- Nickname/handle on the freenode network
- E-mail address
- IP address/hostname
- Name and project affiliation
- Collecting the above data helps freenode deliver its services to you.
Specifically, freenode may use data:
- To improve the provided services.
- To enable you to reset your password/recover your account.
- To contact you in relation to group registrations and associated channel namespace management.
- To respond to a specific inquiry made via e-mail or the support system.
- To provide information in connection with conference registrations, sponsorship inquiries and similar relating to the freenode network and freenode #live conference.
- To communicate with you about the status of job postings on the jobs.freenode.net website.
Please note that the freenode websites and network may contain links to other websites, and freenode has no control of websites outside of the freenode.net and freenode.live domains. If you provide information to a website or service to which freenode links, freenode shall not be responsible for its protection and privacy.
<span style="font-size: 110%;">
freenode retain<span style="font-size: 110%;">s data for the purpose of debugging and restoration for a maximum of 60 days. This means that any data freenode holds, will be purged 60 days after the date at which you last connected to the freenode network or deleted your freenode account.
freenode policies are updated from time to time, and the latest version of the policy will be published on this page.
<span style="font-size: 110%;">
This Website (‘freenode.net,’ ‘freenode.live’), its owners freenode Limited, Company Limited by Guara<span style="font-size: 110%;">ntee (collectively, ‘We,’ ‘Us,’ or ‘freenode') wish to define and inform you of any and all of the instances in which your personal data and information may be saved and how it may be used by freenode, how it may be shared, and the level of protection we use to safeguard your personal information.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Personal Information we Collect
- Uses of Personal Information Collected by freenode
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Data Rete<span style="font-size: 110%;">ntion
- CalOPPA Statement
- Maintaining the Security of Your Personal Information
- How We Transfer Personal Information Collected Internationally
- COPPA Disclosure
- How to Access and Control your Personal Information
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
From Clients of our Service:
- E-mail Address for the purposes of account management and protection from abuse.
- Internet Protocol (IP) address for the purposes of account management and protection from abuse.<br>
- Your user ID or “nityle="font-size: 110%;">ont-size: 110%;">
- In the case of Group Contacts, freenode may also collect project/organisational affiliation and real names in connection with the initial re<s
- freenode #live C<span style="font-size: 110%;">used to prevent spam and abuse of the webchat service and to improve the delivery of our content.
- Web server logs are regularly pruned and are created by the webserver. No usernames or passwords are ever logged by the webserver.
<span stle="font-size: 110%;">br>
- Group Contact affiliation and="font-size: 110%;">span tyle="font-size: 110%;">ions <span style="fon-size:AL INFORMATION ===
freenode may be required to provide your personal information to law enforcement in the event of a criminal investigation, criminal prosecution, or civil subpoena. freenode will comply with legal not infringe on the civil liberties of other
MAINTAINING THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal <span style="font-size: 110%;">information is safeguarded by freenode. You may access your peby freenode can also be made accessible to other third parties onNAL INFORMATION COLLECTED INTERNATIONALLY ===
We collect informat<sp === HOW WE TRANSFER PERSOquest your consent.
===COPPA DISCLOnline Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed to give parents increased control over what information is collected from their childranpersonal information from the European Union we will re the freenode network o<span style="font-size: 110%;">n an opt-in basis only. All personal information maintained by freenode is encrypted and stored on a server located in the European Union.<span style="nt-size: 110%;">
en online and how such information is used. The law applies to websites and servirom them. For additional information on COPPA protections, please see the FTC website at: https://www.consumer.<span<span style="font-size: 110%;"> style="font-size: 110%;">ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online <span style="font-size: 110%;">at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/applications/children/
ONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ===
You may delete your personal information at any time via a services command (/msg nickserv drop ). You may also change the email address associated with your account via a services command.
For access to information and requests for erasure, please e-mail email@example.com.
freenode will not share users' personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
For all civil or law enforcement requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a request that requires mailing or courier, please use the information below:
freenode Limited 7span style="font-size: 110%;">1-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden London, WC2H 9JQ UK
While freenode agrees to 꼶襡�䔣ꉅℛၑ䘸騺꼕唈䚑謊移肃됄黁씓픾툴䍇֬쓻돐樒衏뷝撷ᨻ㖑箕桛㽃笜⥍荧脭볷퉅驡䋵惘퉧㓦좼蒁縃嫵ḷ䖋术譯社ౘꤷ쒡⳽�ᶹ掗궕⻡槕㞪ݻቯ哶ﲷ㜁뢩ࡢ˸㯽Rஞ茔ꂢϖ䐄પﱌᜏ�䑃瀼翙뼁墰සꈨ狢ᙪ铎黧䠹accept service of law enforcement requests based on the above method listed above, freenode does NOT waive any legal rights based on this accommodation.
Last revised November 22, 2021
This policy page was last updated on: 22 November 2021
If you have any questions about freenode policies, please e-mail email@example.com.