Configuring SASL for Quassel
Quassel has SASL support built-in.
- Configure your authentication details and preferred nicks with NickServ - register your nickname
- Navigate to Settings -> "Configure Quassel"
- In the IRC tree, select Networks
- Select Freenode as the network, then select the "Auto Identify" tab below
- Check "Use SASL Authentication" and input your Account and Password as used with NickServ in step 1
If everything was configured correctly, you should be able disconnect + reconnect with freenode, and still be logged in without manually authenticating with NickServ.