The freenode project is run entirely by volunteers. All of the current volunteers came to the project through involvement with one or more of the projects that use freenode.
The organisational structure of the freenode project can be split roughly into three areas, each with a designated lead or leads.
- kloeri is head of infrastructure, in charge of making sure that the network continues to run in a usable fashion and that we have the right hardware and server platforms in place to provide the services we want.
- ilbelkyr is head of IRCD and services development, in charge of the software platforms that we use to run the network.
- Swant is head of web development, in charge of the websites and web services we provide.
- emerson is head of utility development, in charge of utilities and associated services.
- christel is head of staffing, projects and communities and also the overall project lead in charge of the other heads.
Together, these heads take any decisions that affect the future direction of freenode. The project also benefits greatly from the ongoing support and enthusiasm from its contributors and volunteers, both official and unofficial, and is grateful for the time and efforts invested in the project by past and present volunteers.
The freenode project keeps a keen eye out for individuals who may provide a good fit to the existing volunteer base and we periodically recruit existing participants who have made a strong positive impression and we believe would be a good fit on the staff team.
If you are looking for freenode volunteers on the freenode network you can find us in #freenode where we are always happy to have a chat or you can use /stats p to find volunteers that are immediately available.