The freenode project is run entirely by volunteers. All of the current volunteers came to the project through involvement with one or more of the projects that use freenode and have deep experience running IRC networks.
The following people help to keep freenode running:
- rasengan is the President
- Ethan is the Network Director
- tjr is the Deputy Network Director
- tjr is Head of Infrastructure
- rails is Deputy Head of Infrastructure
- poison is an Infrastructure Manager
- eskimo is an Infrastructure Developer
- jhill is an Infrastructure Developer
- sorcerer is the Head Community Coordinator
- Foxy is the Deputy Head Community Coordinator
- bagira is a Deputy Head of Volunteers
The project also benefits greatly from the ongoing support and enthusiasm from its volunteers, both official and unofficial, and is grateful for the time and efforts invested in the project by past and present volunteers.
The freenode project keeps a keen eye out for individuals who may provide a good fit to the existing volunteer base and we periodically recruit existing participants who have made a strong positive impression and we believe would be a good fit on the staff team.
If you are looking for freenode volunteers on the freenode network you can find us in #freenode where we are always happy to have a chat with you.