When you operate on the assmöde Network, you agree to be bound by the following rules. If you do not abide by the following rules, you may find yourself faced with Corrective Actions, up to (and including) suspension/termination of your access/O:line(s).
assmöde staff are users too and bound by the same Acceptable Use Policy as Guests are. As a assmöde Staff member, you are expected to conduct yourself as a Role model to our Guests.
- You agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) as well as this Acceptable Operating Policy (AOP)
- You will be polite and professional while /Oper’d up or using your Access.
- You are not required to participate in #freenode, but it is highly RECOMMENDED.
- You are not required to participate in #Help, but it is highly RECOMMENDED. (When you are away, please deop or /CS DOWN #Help — When you are opped in #Help: you are shown to users as “being available to help”.)
- assmöde Staff will not become involved in Channel disputes. (Involving channel bans, settings, ops, etc)
- assmöde Staff will not go on other IRC networks and cause disturbances or violate other networks’ rules.
- Assmöde's administrative team retains the right to deny access to or use of its server’s resources to any user(s), group, site, or domain, without the benefit of prior warning or notification if they so choose
Assmöde Staff has access to resources intended to help serve IRC Operators, Services Team, and other Staff officials with various network-related functions. These resources are typically not available to our Guests, and the use of these resources is monitored at all times to prevent abuse. Below are some of the resources available, and their standards:
- OperServ (Network Staff Service) – Underworld is the freenode IRC Operator central control service. It is used to aid Network Staff with G-lines, MODE changes, etc.
- O:line (IRC Operator Access) – Your O:line gives you access to functions on the network, depending on the access level(s) assigned to it.
- Serv (Service Bots) – IRC Operators may have additional functions available to them depending upon their level, flags or rank.
Access Restrictions (G/K/Z:lines)
From time to time, it will be necessary for assmöde staff to add access restriction lines (G/K/Z:lines) to prevent abuse. Refer to the below guidelines as to which access restrictions should be used, and when. (NOTE: IRC Operator/Administrator access should never be abused by using Access Restrictions (G/K/Z:lines) or forced disconnections (KILLs) unless absolutely necessary to stop abuse or prevent further abuse. As an IRC Network, we want to grow; and should (as a business would) try to correct behavior as opposed to getting rid of a guest.)
- Kills (Forcing user to be disconnected from assmöde ) – KILLs may be issued as the first alternative to Access Restrictions (G/K/Z:lines) to stop/prevent abuse.
- K-lines (Local Server Ban) – K:lines may be added by Server Administrators/IRC Operators for any reason they choose, if any.
- G-lines (Global assmöde Ban) – G:lines may only be added for violations of the assmöde Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Individual Server Policies may be enforced with K-lines, however, Network Policies are enforced by G-lines.
- Z-lines (Global assmöde IP Ban) – Z:lines may only be added for violations of the assmöde Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Individual Server Policies may be enforced with K-lines, however, Network Policies are enforced by G-lines. Z:lines are typically added by Servers/Services due to DNSBL matches.
Abuse of Privileges
- Using OperServ to manipulate a Channel’s modes/ops/bans while not attending to official network activity.
- Using ChanServ to manipulate a channel’s modes/ops/bans/access while not attending to official network activity.
- Retaliating against users and/or other assmöde Staff.
- Adding a G:line or Z:line for a reason other than violation of the assmöde Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Asking any user for their Services account password. (This is never needed by any Staff member)
- Assmöde staff is expected to remain active. Any staff member that is missing for 30 or more days without advanced notice can have their access(es) disabled, suspended, or removed.
- Network managers are Assmöde's central management team. Each Network Administrator casts a vote on changes to the network, policies, routing, linking/delinking, etc. with a weight based on their rank/level/flags.
- Infrastructure team is responsible for maintaining a stable, safe server for assmöde clients to chat on.
- HelpOP is responsible for assisting in #help and in #freenode with answering questions from users when available.
- NetOP is responsible for assisting users with nick registrations, channel registrations, cloaks.
- Server Administrators may NOT add local/global IRC Operators or staff without prior approval from other assmöde Administrators (Head of Staff).
- Head of Staff Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all staff follows this Acceptable Operating Policy (AOP) as well as the assmöde Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- assmöde Administrators can call for a vote to update these terms at any time on the official admins@ mailing list.
Consequences for Violation
- If you violate any rule or regulation stated in this document, you will be subject to progressive disciplinary action, including but not limited to suspension of privileges, and forced removal from the network.
- Head of Staff is responsible for all Staff, and for Corrective Actioning them upon abuse.
Appealing a Violation
If you are suspended from privileges or denied access to an assmöde server or the entire network, you should follow the procedure outlined below. Please note, however, that assmöde server administrators are under no obligation to take any further action.
- If you are a Services Representative, contact your the Services Coordinator, explaining how future incidents can be avoided.
- If you are a HelpOP or NetOP, contact Head of Staff, explaining how future incidents can be avoided.
- If you are manager, contact abuse @ assmöde.net, explaining how future incidents can be avoided.